Testing new innovative approaches
Innovative approaches are needed to prepare the African cotton sector for the future. We provide technical expertise and start-up finance for testing and expanding such innovative approaches.
We can draw on up-to-date market information and a strong network of senior experts for
- Sector and value chain studies.
- Agricultural advisory services and farmer trainings on good agricultural practices, integrated pest management and climate change adaptation.
- Implementation of bio pesticide trails and rollout.
- Farmer business school trainings.
- Strengthening gender and youth employment in the African context.
- Practical trainings on avoidance of child labour and occupational health and safety.
- Development and revision of target-group specific extension material and implementation of trainings for trainers.
- Organisational development and management consulting for cotton companies and ginneries as well as advisory on contract farming schemes.
- Development of sustainability management plans.
- Development of ICT solutions for farmer registration, mobile money, e-extension, traceability and monitoring.
- Advisory services on sustainability criteria and certification.
- Implementation of social and environmental standards in the textile sector.
Contact our regional managers to discuss options for supporting the implementation of your innovative ideas – be it through technical expertise or start-up funding. Based on a first concept note, we will be able to assess your options for support and suitable funding windows.